Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome to September!



I'm not very good about eating breakfast... most days I skip over it but make up for it later in the day. So, today, I moved right to lunch.
I made myself this lovely pizza... using bread flour that Sharon found at the farmer's market, olive oil, wild garlic I had foraged for in our previous challenge, local onions I bought at the Tremont farmer's market last night, meunster cheese I bought there last week, and tomatoes from my garden. I used garlic and olive oil for the sauce, and then cut up onions and tomatoes, topped it with cheese, and stuck it in the oven.
I also used some of my homemade pasta sauce as dipping sauce for the crust when I ate it.
I found the recipe for the crust at http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pizza-dough-iii/Detail.aspx
Of course, the sugar (which I used sugar in the raw instead of white sugar), salt (I used Real Salt sea salt) and yeast (I used Hodgeson Mills) were not Ohio, but I felt like my responsible choices in product made up for that... and the bulk of the material was local...plus then I got to eat pizza. :o)
It was really great-- I ate about half the pizza for lunch-- and pretty easy to make.

1 comment: