Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Such a beautiful day

Hi,
Yesterday I ate oatmeal with maple syrup and milk for breakfast, then, later in the day, corn on the cob with salt and olive oil, and broccoli with oil and garlic and a dried hot pepper. Toward evening, I was looking for something more for my stomach, and the ripening pears in a bowl on the table began calling. So I baked them with whole wheat flour, organic sugar and butter (usually I use nutmeg). How wonderful the rich treat tasted. How lovely are warm cooked pears.
Today, my dog and I went out into the country. The field where we park was full of old clover and chicory, new small white asters, then all the monarch butterflies. On the way home we stopped at Eddy's, and I bought a big sweet yellow watermelon, new hard pears, and apple cider.
I did allow some Humphrey's popcorn. And I'm thoughtful; next time I will experiment with cooking the pears with honey.
I'm exploring being a little hungry some of the time.
Happy beautiful days.

1 comment:

  1. Maren,
    I just love reading your posts. I could just picture what a beautiful day you are having and your appreciation for this experience. You are very encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete