Friday, September 17, 2010

Trip to Whole Foods Market In Beachwood

I was out in Beachwood so I decided to stop at Whole Foods Market on Chagrin. I don't get out there much so I was 1/2 way through the store when I figured out that they mark local foods with "local" signs. For produce, I got eggplant, patty pan squash (never had it before), green beans and a hungarian hot pepper (for more chili). Snack items marked "local" that I got were Don Sabrosa black bean and corn natural gourmet salsa (label indicates that it is distributed by Don Sabrosa, LLC in Cincinnati, OH http://www.donsabrosa.com/) and Tangos Multigrain Tortilla Chips (mfg by Shearer's Foods, Inc. in Brewster, OH).

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, You know, there's a Whole Foods fairly near me, and I've never noticed, or even thought to notice, little signs for local food. Life is now changed and better. Plus, tortilla chips sound very good to me. Yesterday my main meal was cabbage and potatoes. Thanks, and thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete