Sunday, August 29, 2010

North Union Farmers Market

Therese (mom) sells recycled glass garden sculputures some Saturdays at the Farmers Market (at Crocker Park in Westlake, OH). I helped her out yesterday, and we both bought some local goodies for the challenge which starts Wednesday.

I got 4 lbs organic rolled oats, 5 lbs organic bread flour, 6 1/2 lbs organic whole wheat flour and 1 lb of navy beans from a vendor that distributes for Stutzman Farms. I also got 1/2 lb raw honey from the Ohio Honey Co. In addition, I got locally grown sweet potatoes and gala apples (very crisp and delicious!).

Mom got an enormous watermelon, lots of Yukon Gold potatoes and 2 blocks of cheese made from Ohio 100% grass fed cows' milk.

Tuesday, off to the Tremont Farmers Market with my sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment